Medical Oncologist Temporary/Casual Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton Zone New ▾ ▸ 1 additional location Edmonton Zone 7 views
Medical Oncologist, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta
The Department of Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta, Division of Medical Oncology at the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI), withAlberta Health Services is accepting applications for a two (2) years' term Medical Oncologist position. Term will be extended based on the Department needs. The CCI is a free-standing integrated cancer treatment and research facility that functions as the tertiary oncology referral centre for Northern Alberta. It has a strong record of basic and translational research as well as clinical trial activity in oncology.The successful applicant will join a team of multidisciplinary cancer programs located at the Cross Cancer Institute,Edmonton Zone Medical Oncologists currently on staff working within the systemic treatment area and are involved in research, teaching and patient care. This position will be primarily clinical. However, academic interests will be accommodated where appropriate, and participation in clinical trials is expected. The division is currently seekingsomeone with experience working as a Medical Oncologist and the successful candidate should also be comfortableworking with all major tumour groups.
Qualifications for the role include an MD, certification in Internal Medicine, special competency in Medical Oncology (orequivalent), and eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Oncology
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $322,857 (level 1) and $464,743 (level 4). Oncologists may be either AHS employees or independent contractors.
- Posting Date: Sep 8, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
- Target Start Date: Jul 1, 2024
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.