Nephrologist- CRH Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 13 views
Alberta Health Services and the Southern Alberta Renal Program invites applications for a full-time clinical Nephrologist at the Chinook Regional Hospital.
95% clinical service in all areas of nephrology including ambulatory care (CKD, General Nephrology, GN), dialysis, hospital inpatient and consultation. Weeknight and weekend call in nephrology and call rotation with internal medicine/ICU group. 5% education in conjunction with the Division of Nephrology and Department of Medicine (Fellowship and Resident Training) at the Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary. Be an integral part of the Nephrology team in Lethbridge, utilizing strong collaborative skills to support and contribute to the overall clinical mission of the Chinook Regional Hospital and South Zone, Alberta Health Services.
The successful candidate must:
- have FRCPC certification with a fellowship in Nephrology;
- have or be eligible for a full independent medical license from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- participate in the on call rotation for the Department of Medicine;
- provide Inpatient and Outpatient nephrology services;
- provide Inpatient consultation services in ICU and on the Wards (outpatient referrals will be triaged and managed in the community setting);
- provide acute hemodialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Medicine
- Specialty: Nephrology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for serviceFor more information on available benefits visit the Alberta Medical Association
- Community Info: Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000. CRH has 250 acute care beds, 45 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 15 NICU bassinets. CRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.