Neurologist - Red Deer Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Red Deer 25 views
Alberta Health Services-Central Zone is recruiting for a full-time Neurologist to the Red Deer Regional Hospital.
The successful candidate would be expected to cover acute care for patients admitted to the Neurology ward, do consults in the ER and on other units of the hospital, as well as see outpatients in an office of clinic setting. On-call coverage requirements would not exceed one in four. This positions would also participate in educating staff and residents as needed.
Successful candidates must hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta and hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Must be willing to participate in the Neurology on call rotation.
- Must be willing to provide Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services
- ACLS would be beneficial
In accordance with Alberta Health Services' Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: This Position is Fee For ServiceOn Call Stipend Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: Hospital Name: Red Deer Regional Hospital CentreNo. of Inpatient Beds: 222No. of Surgical Beds: 72No. of Intensive Care Beds: 18No. of Labor & Delivery Beds: 33No. of Day Surgery Beds: 31Hospital Statistics:Deliveries: 2500/ yearAvailable Specialty Services (full-time and part-time):Orthopaedic Surgeon provides and has a pre-op clinic, full day of surgery and post op clinic every second week.A full time General Surgeon is on site that provides services including appendectomy, colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures.Radiology Services:Diagnostic ImagingUltrasoundComputerized Tomography (CT) ScanMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Laboratory Hours of Operation: 24 hoursKidney Dialysis Unit on Site: YesCancer Treatment Services Available on Site: Yes
- Posting Date: Jun 3, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.