Non-MRP Hospitalist (CH-23-MCH-WMH-ARP-02) Part-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 8 views
Covenant Health is currently recruiting a fully licensed physician to manage the medical needs of patients admitted to the Misericordia Community Hospital Obstetrics & Gynecology service.
This role is part of a co-managed care model having the Non-MRP physician working under the guidance of an attending OBS GYN specialist while also working independently managing inpatient medical issues. The Non-MRP Hospitalist is responsible for managing medical issues under their scope of practice. Other responsibilities include surgical assisting in Labour and Delivery.
Covenant Health is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equity. The principles of equity and diversity are applied in the creation of the search and select committee, and all members of the search and selection team will have completed implicit bias and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) education.
The FTE for this role will be between 0.2 - 0.5 depending on the candidate and is negotiable. The hours will be primarily nights and weekends, with the potential of some daytime coverage.
- Daily duties include rounding, medication reconciliation, providing daily assessments, management and discharge planning for all patients admitted under the Obgyn Service/Units.
- Optimization of new admissions to prevent delay of surgical treatment is also a priority.
- Liaising with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and families is expected.
- Surgical assistance may be required in the absence of surgical assistants.
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with three references, current CPSA permit and a letter of application via the Dr. Jobs website.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Physicians must be eligible for independent licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, appropriate Canadian Medical Protective Association coverage, and ACLS certification. Applicants must have current experience in the clinical management of acute care inpatients, and/or experience in emergency room services.
Eligibility for full licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta is essential.
This position will not support a practice readiness assessment.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- Department: Women's Health
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Co-Managed care model provides an alternative to the fee-for-service (FFS) payment method through a Clinical Alternative Relationship Plan (ARP) that compensates physicians for providing a set of clinical services at defined facilities to a target patient population better suited to them and their patients. Successful candidates will be contracted annually and remuneration can be primarily through the Non-MRP Clinical ARP.
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
- Posting Date: May 31, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 30, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.