Obstetrician / Gynecologist Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 96 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time Obstetrician Gynecologist. The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000
The successful recruit will:
- establish and maintain a full-time Obstetrics and Gynecology practice in the community of Lethbridge; a full time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) day per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week;
- provide call support as per AHS’s call schedules and expectations for Obstetrics and Gynecology practices in the Zone or as may otherwise be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader including full time participation in the Clinical Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology on call schedule for the Chinook Regional Hospital;
- provide inpatient and community consultations within the community of Lethbridge;
- obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Lethbridge or surrounding area;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws and the Rules and the AHS policies;
- work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Obstetrics / Gynecology at the Chinook Regional Hospital;
- participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Chinook Regional Hospital, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
The position is a full scope of practice general Obstetrician and Gynecologist supporting the current OBGYN department with general obstetrical and gynecological services; the successful recruit will:
- Hold or be eligible for RCPSC
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- have MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) - desired
For complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact The Alberta Medical Association
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.