Obstetrician / Gynecologist Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 26 views
The Clinical Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital are accepting applications for a General Obstetrician Gynecologist. The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) is an acute care facility, which also includes sub-acute/restorative care beds serving South East Alberta with a catchment population of ~110,000. MHRH has 246 acute care beds, 30 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 7 NICU bassinets. MHRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
The Obstetrics & Gynecology Department provides service to the City of Medicine Hat and surrounding communities. We provide specialized care in all aspects of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Obstetrical services include a Maternal Fetal Assessment clinic which provides high risk care by the obstetricians, and a low risk obstetrics program provided by local family physicians. Gynecology services currently being provided include gynecology oncology and REI services.
-The recruit will establish and maintain a full time Obstetrics and Gynecology practice in the community of Medicine Hat; A full time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) day per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week and/or commensurate shifts in keeping with other full-time practice FTE's as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
-Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
-Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat;
-Provide call support as per AHSs call schedules and expectations for Obstetrics and Gynecology practices in the Zone or as may otherwise be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader including full time participation in the Clinical Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology on call schedule for the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
-Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws and the Rules and the AHS policies;
-Provide inpatient and community consultations within the community of Medicine Hat;
-Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Obstetrics / Gynecology, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital;
-Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably;
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
The position is a full scope of practice Obstetrician and Gynecologist supporting the current Obstetrics and Gynecology department which involves deliveries, C-sections, and gynecology surgeries and treatments. There will be a 1:5 call for which a Specialist on Call Stipend is provided.
The successful applicant must have or be eligible for certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and must have or be eligible forspecialistregistration for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Desired: MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
Desired: Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Specialty: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Physicians are remunerated under an Alternate Payment Plan.On Call Stipend: Specialist on Call: YesAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives:Several benefits are available to physicians through the AMA. To receive these benefits, physicians must be members of the AMA or pay a non-member administration fee.
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 + with a drawing population of 110,000 located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent year-round destination for all ages. The city of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play, and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, and an enviable climate. Known as the "Oasis of the Prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city.Thank you for your interest in a position at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in Medicine Hat, Alberta; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.