Obstetrics and Gynecology Visiting Specialist Part-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 149 views
The community of High Level is currently looking to recruit a Visiting Specialist to work alongside the local community Family Medicine physicians and provide services in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The ideal candidate will visit the community approximately 12 times per year.
About the Community of High Level:
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
- Must be eligible to practice as an OB/Gyne Specialist per CPSA Standards - required
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - desired
- Fellowship or equivalent - desired
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - required
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) - desired
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) - desired
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) - required
- Managing Obstetrical Risk Efficiently (MOREOB) - required
Candidate must have independent Obstetrics and Gynecology experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to be included with application.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta www.cpsa.ab
Fee for Service
Through the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports:
- The outreach financial incentive, at a minimum, requires one way travel greater than 50kms, and pays at $1/kms up to a maximum 500kms one way. Zonal Medical Affairs will calculate payments using a round-trip amount on a monthly basis.
- For approved outreach service requests AHS will remunerate mileage/car rentals/taxis, meals, flights and accommodation in keeping with the AHS Travel Policy.
Physician Resource Planner, AHS North Zone (Medical Affairs)
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.