Ophthalmologist Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 79 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a full time Ophthalmologist.
The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) is an acute care facility, which also includes sub-acute/restorative care beds serving South East Alberta with a catchment population of ~110,000. MHRH has 246 acute care beds, 30 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 7 NICU bassinets. MHRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
Key accountabilities of the position include, but will not be limited to:
- Participation in the Department of Surgery, Section of Ophthalmology meeting the 1:4 On Call schedule;
- Providing Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services;
- Establishing and maintaining a a full time Ophthalmology practice in the community of Medicine Hat. A full time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) day per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
- Primary residence in the Medicine Hat catchment area;
- Obtaining and maintaining AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges;
- Abiding by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and AHS Policies;
- Participating in quality improvement programs and initiatives.
Additional Notes About Medicine Hat
Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 + with a drawing population of 110,000 located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent year-round destination for all ages. The city of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play, and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, and an enviable climate. Known as the "Oasis of the Prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city.
- Be certified or eligible for certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Must have or be eligible for a full independent medical license from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- General Ophthalmology practice with surgical and emergency patients from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Must provide on call services, outpatient, and hold a private office.
- A sub-specialty fellowship or interest in Oculoplastics, Glaucoma or Neuro-Ophthlamology preferred. Anterior Segment / Petiatrics / Retina - fellowship trained staff constitute current practicing specialist core.
Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.
You may refer to the Alberta Medical Association for more information on further incentives for members.
Thank you for your interest in a position at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in Medicine Hat, Alberta; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates are asked to please apply directly through this posting with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae outlining their qualifications, education and experience. Any applications recieved by email alone will be redirected for submission through this site.
Nicole Ashman, Planner-Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.