Ophthalmologist - Lethbridge CRH Full-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 12 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a full time Ophthalmologist.
Key accountabilities of the position include, but will not be limited to:
- Participation in the Department of Surgery, Section of Ophthalmology on Call schedule;
- Providing Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services;
- Establishing and maintaining a a full time Ophthalmology practice in the community. A full time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) day per week, a minimum of forty (40) hours per week and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service;
- Primary residence in the community in whch the clinical practice is located or surrounding cathcment area;
- Obtaining and maintaining AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges;
- Abiding by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and AHS Policies;
- Participating in quality improvement programs and initiatives.
- Be certified or eligible for certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Must have or be eligible for a full independent medical license from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- General Ophthalmology practice with surgical and emergency patients from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Must provide on call services, outpatient, and hold a private office.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Surgery
- Specialty: Ophthalmology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule.You may refer to the Alberta Medical Association for more information on further incentives for members.
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000 Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.