Ophthalmologist Visiting Specialist - Edson Part-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 56 views
The community of Edson is currently looking to recruit a Visiting Specialist to work alongside the local community physicians and provide services in Ophthalmology. The ideal candidate will visit the community approximately 12times per year (3-4consecutive days per visit).
This position has been scheduled to begin January 2023, however, there are 8 service days that require Ophthalmaology Visiting Specialist servicesin December 2022. These 8 days day will fall under the Alberta Surgical Initiative and may require an additional contract pertainingto this agreement.
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) and/or proof of Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
- Must be eligible to practice as an Ophthalmologist Specialist per CPSA Standards - required
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - desired
- Experience leading and performing cataract surgeries - required
Candidate must have independent Ophthalmology experiencewithin the past 1-2 years.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to be included with application.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albertawww.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Ophthalmology
- Secondary Specialty: Hospital Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceThrough the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports:The outreach financial incentive, at a minimum, requires one way travel greater than 50kms, and pays at $1/kms up to a maximum 500kms one way. Zonal Medical Affairs will calculate payments using a round-trip amount on a monthly basis.For approved outreach service requests AHS will remunerate mileage/car rentals/taxis, meals, flights and accommodation in keeping with the AHS Travel Policy.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.