Orthopedic Surgeon Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 21 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking anOrthopedic surgeon at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital beginning January 2023.
The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) is an acute care facility, which also includes sub-acute/restorative care beds serving South East Alberta with a catchment population of ~110,000. MHRH has 246 acute care beds, 30 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 7 NICU bassinets. MHRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
To be considered for this position you will:
- Be certified or eligible for certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Fellowships to complement the current skill sets and department needs would be an asset.
- Have or be eligible for a full independent General Register medical license from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Participate equitably in the on call rotation.
- Establish and maintain anOrthopedic Surgery practice in the Community of Medicine Hat.
- Provide Inpatient services primarily in MHRH but also on a consultative basis on the wards and Outpatient serviceswithin the community of Medicine Hat.
The successful candidate will have 4 elective surgical days per 4 week cycle, plus access to scramble OR time. The successful candidate will have access to a 1/2 day cast clinic per week. Should the successful candidate wish to do more call, that may be an option at the discretion of the Zone Clinical Department Section Chief - Orthopedics.
Practitioners may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
- Eligible for or have current General Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Certification (RCPSC).
- Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 0.75
- Department: Surgery
- Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for Service.On Call Stipend: Specialist on Call: YesAlberta Medical Association (AMA) Incentives:Several benefits are available to physicians through the AMA. To receive these benefits, physicians must be members of the AMA or pay a non-member administration fee.
- Community Info:
Medicine Hat is a city of 65,000 + with a drawing population of 110,000 + and is known as the sunniest city in Canada. Medicine Hat is an excellent family community with good schools, and a community college. There is a wide range of cultural and recreational facilities in the area. The community offers a good quality of life and substantial advantages for a rewarding career and a great family life.
Thank you for your interest in a position at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital in Medicine Hat, Alberta; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates are asked to please apply directly through this posting with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae outlining their qualifications, education and experience. Any applications recieved by email alone will be redirected for submission through this site. A CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
- Posting Date: Jul 12, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.