Orthopedic Surgeon - Fort McMurray Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Fort McMurray 10 views
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Fort McMurray is seeking an Orthopedic Surgeon to join their current team of 3 specialists.
The successful candidate will be recruited for the community of Fort McMurray.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of Fort McMurray.
Establish and maintain a 1.0 FTE community based practice within the community of Fort McMurray
Provide call support as per call scheduled, including full time participation in the Orthopedic Surgery call schedules as required.
Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities.
Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- Registration with the Royal College of Canada is required.
- Registration with the CPSA or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure (required with application).
- Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be selected.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change
- Posting Date: Nov 29, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.