Orthopedic Surgeon (Locum)- FMM Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 6 views
Fort McMurray - LOCUM Orthopedic Surgeon:The Northern Lights Regional Hospital is seeking a locum Orthopedic Surgeon
This 3-4 month locum position includes hospital privileges and orthopedic surgeon hospital on-call duties. The duration of the locum-term may be negotiable, with possibility of a permanent position.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close once suitable candidate is found.
- FRCSC (Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons Canada) designation is required
Only candidates selected for an interview will be selected.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 0
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change
- Community Info:
- Welcome to Fort McMurray and the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- We are located in northeast Alberta, nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers. Fort McMurray, the largest city in the Municipality, is considered an urban service area.
- In addition to Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo consists of ten smaller communities: Anzac, Conklin, Draper, Fort Chipewyan, Fort Fitzgerald, Fort MacKay, Gregoire Lake Estates, Janvier/Chard, Mariana Lakes and Saprae Creek Estates. Each of these communities has its own unique charms and attractions.
- Population: 81,150 including catchment
- Location: 435 km northeast of Edmonton
- Posting Date: Sep 6, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.