Orthopedic Surgeon Visiting Specialist - Hinton Part-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Hinton 12 views
Position will require the candidate to sign a Visiting Specialist contract rendering their services.
The community of Hinton is currently looking to recruit a Visiting Specialist to work alongside the local community physicians and provide services in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Orthopaedic Surgery. The ideal candidate will visit the community approximately 26times per year, which will consist of two (2) OR days and one (1) clinical day, each visit, every two weeks. Surgical days have been allotted onMondays and Wednesdays.
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) and/or proof of Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
- Must be eligible to practice as an Orthopaedic Surgeon Specialist per CPSA Standards - required
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - desired
- Experience leading and performing hip and knee Arthroplasty surgeries- required
Candidate must have independent Orthopaedic Surgery experiencewithin the past 1-2 years.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to be included with application.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albertawww.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
- Secondary Specialty: Hospital Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceThrough the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports:The outreach financial incentive, at a minimum, requires one way travel greater than 50kms, and pays at $1/kms up to a maximum 500kms one way. Zonal Medical Affairs will calculate payments using a round-trip amount on a monthly basis.For approved outreach service requests AHS will remunerate mileage/car rentals/taxis, meals, flights and accommodation in keeping with the AHS Travel Policy.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.