Otolaryngologist - Lethbridge CRH Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 90 views
The Department of Surgery, section of Specialized Surgery is seeking a full-time Otolaryngologistat the ChinookRegional Hospital.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Establish and maintain a full-time Otolaryngologypractice; a full-time practice is defined as providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other equivalent practice FTEs;
- Provide inpatient consultations at the Chinook Regional Hospital to the Zone Clinical Department of Surgery;
- Provide community consultations within Lethbridge;
- Provide on-call support as per AHS's on-call schedules and expectations applicable to the SZ Clinical Department ofSurgery, or as may otheriwse be established by an appropriate medical leader;
- have equal access to OR days, as well as equal access to additional blocks based on utilization and need;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues as a member of the Zone Clinical Department of Surgery;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Surgery.
- have FRCSC or American Board certification or equivalent; Fellowship in ENT required
- be Eligible for or have current Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Surgery
- Specialty: Urology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for Service. Please visit the Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org for information on available benefits
- Community Info:
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000 Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.