Palliative Care Physician CH-22-GNCH-ONC-PCM-01 Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 41 views
Covenant Health, in association with Alberta Health Services and the Edmonton Zone Palliative Care Program, is inviting applications for a Palliative Care physician to join a dynamic team based at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta.
At the direction of the Palliative Care Facility Chief, the successful applicant will work in the Tertiary Palliative Care Unit at the Grey Nuns Hospital and will provide consult services at the Grey Nuns and Misericordia Hospitals. At the discretion of the Section Chief of the Program, there may be occasional requests to work at other sites, including other acute care sites, cancer care and community. Duties on Tertiary Palliative Care unit will include attending patients on the ward and teaching learners (medical students, residents and fellows). On the Consult service, work would include completion of new consults and follow up visits. These visits will be in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. Both services will be provided for 5 days during the weekday schedule. The successful applicant will also share on call responsibility for after-hours call during the week. Participation in the city wide weekend on call service is also expected. Some interest in research would be an asset. The incumbent candidate will work under the auspices of the Edmonton Zone Palliative Care Program, an integrated program providing palliative care services throughout the Edmonton Zone, one of five zones within the Province of Alberta
The successful applicant will be involved in resident teaching and will be expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment with the University of Alberta. This will be considered under a separate process through the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- MD or equivalent.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Specialty training in an accredited Palliative Care residency program.
- Expertise and commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) in the healthcare environment.
- Understanding of Just Culture and its role in healthcare.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Palliative Care Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Palliative Care
- Recruiting Organization: Covenant Health
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-for-Service (FFS) schedule or via an ARP (pending).
- Community Info:
Covenant Health is one of Canadas largest Catholic healthcare providers and a strong partner in Albertas integrated health system, leading a broad range of healthcare services in hospitals and healthcare centres in urban and rural communities. The Covenant family (Covenant Health, Covenant Care, and Covenant Living) provides acute care, continuing care and independent living services at 26 sites in 15 communities across Alberta.
- Posting Date: Oct 13, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.