Pediatric Cardiologist - 22-STO-PED-CAR-09 Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 28 views
The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS), invites applicants to apply for an academic position within the Division of Pediatric Cardiology in the Department of Pediatrics, supporting the Interventional Cardiology Service at the Stollery Children's Hospital.
The successful applicant will join seventeen academic pediatric cardiologists providing a full spectrum of clinical pediatric cardiology services with expertise in multi-modal diagnostic imaging, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, fetal cardiology, heart failure, cardiac transplantation, and preventive cardiology; new subspecialty programs are under development.
The successful applicant will join 2 interventional cardiologists (1 full time and 1 part time) who provide continuous service and support the second largest pediatric cardio-surgical program in Canada. In a year, there are more than 400 cardiac catheterization procedures performed with 2/3 of those being catheter interventional procedures. The interventional cardiology service supports the Western Canadian Childrens Heart Network (WCCHN) and accepts referrals from all three prairie provinces for diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures. Interventional pediatric cardiologists at our institution work in close collaboration with the adult congenital cardiac interventional program at the University of Alberta Hospital and the Mazankowski Heart Institute which also support all three Canadian prairie provinces.
The Division of Cardiology has an active basic and clinical science program, collaborating locally, nationally, and internationally.
IThe University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS), invites applicants to apply for an academic position within the Division of Pediatric Cardiology in the Department of Pediatrics, supporting the Interventional Cardiology Service at the Stollery Children's Hospital.
Interested applicants must hold an MD and must have completed a subspecialty residency in Pediatrics with subspecialty training in pediatric cardiology and diagnostic/interventional pediatric cardiac catheterization along with:
at least five years of recent experience with high volumes of advanced catheter interventions and
leadership experience supporting a busy congenital cardiac surgical program is considered an asset
clinical experience in lymphatic interventions is considered an asset
advanced training or experience in clinical or translational research is considered an asset
Interested applicants should apply below with their curriculum vitae and a letter of application.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Child Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be based on the income scale of a competitive and highly successful academic alternate funding plan.
- Community Info: The University of Alberta is one of the preeminent teaching and research universities in Canada, serving over39,000 students with more than 15,000 faculty and staff. The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry has 21 Departments, active undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs with over 500 graduates annually. The Department of Pediatrics is one of Canadas leading academic health centres for pediatric specialty and subspecialty education and research.Alberta Health Services (AHS) is Canada's first and largest province-wide, fully integrated health system, responsible for delivering health services to over 4.3 million people living in Alberta, as well as to some residents of Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories. The Stollery Children's Hospital in Edmonton is part of AHS and is a full-service pediatric hospital and centre for complex pediatric care. It is the only specialized healthcare facility for infants, children, and youth in central and northern Alberta. It has among the highest inpatient volumes of any children's hospital in Canada and serves a geographical area of over 500,000 km.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.