The Medical Careers Network is also available in your country: USA. Find the latest healthcare job opportunities now!
Looking for healthcare jobs in international locations? Visit Global Medical Careers.

Pediatric Rheumatologist Full-time Job

2 months ago   Doctor / Physician   Calgary   12 views
Job Details

Description:

The Section of Pediatric Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, invite applications for a 1.0 FTE position. The successful candidate will have 70% time committed to clinical activity with the remaining 30% of time allocated to administration, research, and education. The successful candidate will provide ambulatory clinic services, inpatient consultation, and on-call services. The Department if concurrently seeking applications for a 0.10 FTE position for the Zone Clinical Section Chief, Pediatric Rheumatology. Candidates may wish to consider applying to both positions.

The Section of Pediatric Rheumatology is comprised of 7 specialists and is based at the state-of-the-art Alberta Childrens Hospital. The Department of Pediatrics has over 300 clinical and academic faculty members who are part of the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary.

The Alberta Childrens Hospital services the City of Calgary and the residents of Southern Alberta, SE British Columbia and SW Saskatchewan: a catchment area of ~ 3 million people. Calgary is a vibrant city of over 1.6 million people. It offers a superb quality of life. Calgary is situated near the Rocky Mountains (Banff National Park), and is rapidly emerging as a cosmopolitan, diverse and cultural center with outstanding green spaces, schools and communities.

For more information regarding this position, please contact: Dr. Antonia Stang, Zone Clinical Department Head, Department of Pediatrics. Interested applicants should include the following attachments with their application:

Cover letter
Curriculum vitae
The names and contact information for three referees

Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.

Qualifications:

Candidates must have the following qualifications: MD, Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or equivalent) in Pediatrics and Rheumatology.

Candidates must be eligible for independent Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.

Must read, write and speak English.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.

Additional Information
  • Position Classification: Full-time
  • FTE: 1
  • Department: Pediatrics
  • Specialty: Pediatric Rheumatology
  • Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
  • Sponsorship Eligible: No
  • Compensation: Fee for service.The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
  • Posting Date: Sep 26, 2022
  • Closing Date: Oct 14, 2022
Company Description
Albertas health care system is one of the best in the world and physicians in Alberta experience a variety of challenging and rewarding opportunities while also enjoying a high standard of living. Whether you are interested in practicing in a large hospital in an urban centre or a small community clinic in a rural area, Alberta offers plenty of choices to suit your skills and interests.
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.