Pediatrician Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 60 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time Pediatrician at the Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH). CRH is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Establish and maintain a full-time Pediatric practice in the community of Lethrbidge; a full-time practice is defined as providing clinical activities at least five (5) days per week, a minimum forty (40) hours;
- Provide inpatient and community consultations
- Provide on-call support as per AHS's on-call schedules and expectations for Pediatric medicine practices in South Zone
- Provide provision of NICU coverage as well as community and hospital behavioral participation in Child & Adolescent mental health programs;
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- Reside in the community of Lethbridge or surrounding area
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively with peers and care team coleagues as a membder of the Zone Clinical Department of Pediatrivs at CRH in support of patient care;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the department of Pediatrics.
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
CRH deliveries average 2400 births per year, with a 16 bed Level II NICU, 25 bed Maternal Child (post partum) unit and an 11 bed in-patient pediatric unit. The Pediatric unit provides access to specialty clinics in partnership with the ACH as well as a 4 bed ADOS and Pediatric Outpatient area.
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 residents, located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
The successful candidate will:
- have or be eligible to obtain licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- general pediatric skills with the abililty to care for level II neonates for transport to level III care is required.
- have Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
This position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Practice Readiness Assessment; preference will however be given to candidates with RCPSC and a Canadian Fellowship in Pediatrics.
Remuneration is fee for service.
For more information on benefits please visit the Alberta Medical Association
Thank you for your interest in a position at Chinook Regional Hospital. Please apply directly through this posting, any applications recieved by email alone, will be redirected to this site for submission. A CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alecia Kerber, Planner- Physician Resources; email@example.com
Physician Resource Planner
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.