Pediatrician - 21 NECHCPED-GEN-PKIC LOC 46 Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 14 views
Alberta Health Services invites applicants to apply for the position of Pediatrician, within the Department of Child Health at the North East Community Health Centre. The position is made up of 90 percent clinical and 10 percent education responsibilities
This clinic serves those who might have issues accessing healthcare, including low-income families, recent immigrants or refugees, First Nations, Children in care and children and infants with complex medical needs and provides services for children, living in our geographic area, who do not have a family doctor.
The clinic serves several communities in the north, requiring travel to the community or by Telehealth and is composed of seven general pediatricians each of whom spend from 1 to 4 days in clinic. The clinic is supported by multiple nursing and administrative staff, and further augmented by allied health colleagues: social worker, children in care liaison, dietician and asthma educator.
- providing complex trauma informed follow-ups for patients in the foster care system
- providing complex medical, neurodevelopment, mental health, and new Canadians consultations and follow-ups
- providing NICU, CTU, and ED follow-ups on an urgent basis
- providing virtual care for Northern Alberta patients (with the option of doing in person outreach clinics)
- teaching (10%) and evaluating undergraduate and postgraduate trainees daily; this way, we can continue to accept students in 2022
The successful candidate will:
- Have an MD degree and FRCPC in Pediatrics
- Be in good standing with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- Have an interest and ideally demonstrated excellence in clinical teaching
- Possess excellent verbal and written English language skills; an additional language would be an asset
- Have an ability to work collaboratively, professionally and promote team-building with all clinic members
- Be able to demonstrate compassion and sensitivity
- Provide care consistent with the vision of the clinic
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 0.6
- Department: Child Health
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the income scale of a Academic Medicine Health Services plan.
- Community Info:
As a part of the Stollery Hospital, this is a teaching clinic for the Department of Child Health, training medical students and pediatric resident doctors. Third year medical student spend three weeks in clinic with the general pediatricians. Pediatric residents participate in a continuity clinic, and first year pediatric residents complete their two-week ambulatory clinic rotation at the Northeast Pediatric Clinic.
- Provide quality medical care in all areas listed above two three days/week
- Provide quality medical education to all assigned learners
- Participate in the on-call group for clinic patients only (1 month in 7 months)
- Participate in clinic staff meetings, doctors meetings and other meetings as required
- Consistent demonstration of the AHS values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety (CARES), and the values of the Stollery Childrens Hospital: Accountability, Respect, Energy, Inclusiveness, Altruism and Leadership (AERIAL)
- Posting Date: May 12, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.