Pediatrician - (22-RAH-PED-GEN-Community-54) Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 10 views
The primary location for this work will be in the Pediatric Clinic located at, 219 2017-66 street
Position Description and Responsibilities/Duties:
General Pediatric Practice including
- Examine newborns and premature after discharge from hospital: Full exam,
- regular follow up for growing and development ,and as needed-
- follow up visits for jaundice, feeding problems and other medical conditions that are related to newborns and Infants.
- Perform regular health and wellness checkups and physical exam for children and adolescents.
- Track child development.
- See children with acute and chronic medical conditions for diagnosis treatment and follow up.
- Provide health care for complex cases ,such as:
- global developmental delay and intellectual disability, speech delay
- autism spectrum disorder,
- mental health disorders
and other complicated cases that need follow up by a pediatrician.
- Provide on-call coverage at RAH including
- -Seeing newborns in postpartum ward : doing full newborn exam and discharge to the community care
- Follow up after discharge.
- -Receive calls from the nurses at RAH and public community nurses for follow up .
- -Re-admit babies for phototherapy or other concerns
Interested applicants must hold an MD and must have completed a residency in Pediatrics and be certified or eligible to become a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or be eligible forsponsorship.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Child Health
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Other
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration will be based on the Fee-For-Service billings submitted to Alberta Health
- Posting Date: Sep 28, 2022
- Closing Date: Oct 12, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.