Pediatrician - Grande Prairie Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Grande Prairie 24 views
GRANDE PRAIRIE - PEDIATRICIAN: Alberta Health Services North Zone is seeking a Pediatrician with skills in Level II-III Neonatal Intensive Care, general acute care hospital pediatrics and office consultancy pediatrics.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Grande Prairie
- Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
- Provide hospital and call assistance as per call schedules, including full time participation in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care on-call schedules for the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
- Provide pediatric services (beyond primary community of practice) either in-person or utilizing Tele-Medicine or another form of telecommunication, within North Zone communities experiencing a high need for pediatric services
- Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
- Contribute to and participate in the pediatric diabetic & asthma clinics
- Contribute to and participate in other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's business choice and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada or equivalency is desired
- Training and experience in Level II NICU
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support
- NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Experience in Level II NICU
- Interest in pediatric endocrinology (desired)
Candidate must have Pediatric specialty & Level II NICU experience in the past 1-2 years.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
CPSA Review of Qualifications (Eligibility Review) required with application
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Children's Health
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.* For complete details on AMA Membership Compensation & Benefits - https://www.albertadoctors.org/services
- Posting Date: Apr 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.