Pediatrician - LOCUM Grande Prairie Regional Hospital Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Grande Prairie 30 views
GRANDE PRAIRIE - LOCUM PEDIATRICIAN:The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is seeking a locum Pediatrician(s) with skills in Level II-III Neonatal Intensive Care and/or general acute care hospital pediatrics for up to a 3 or 4 locum period.
The locum position may include a series of shorter-term locums, flexible dates and although not required, there is opportunity for a permanent position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Certification with the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada is REQUIRED
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support
- NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Experience in Level II NICU - desired
Candidate must have current CPSA Practice Permit in pediatrics.
- Position Classification: Short-term Locum
- FTE: 1
- Department: Children's Health
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Secondary Specialty: NICU Level II (optional)
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceOn Call Stipend - Physicians are remunerated for being on call.Alberta Medical Association (AMA) Compensation Programs - AMA Membership compensation programs are under review and may be subject to change.
- Community Info: The Grande Prairie Regional Hospital is a 250 bed acute care facility with a busy emergency department, ICU, NICU and specialty services in OB/Gyn, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, urology, palliative care, pediatrics, and psychiatry as well as radiation therapy services which became available with the opening of the new Hospital.Specific to Pediatrics, there are:10 pediatric inpatient beds 4 day surgery beds4 dedicated mental health beds18 NICU - Beds Level II The City of Grande Prairie is an economically strong and culturally diverse large urban centre, with a population of 75,820 and catchment area population of about 250,000. Grande Prairie provides a wide choice of recreation, education, shopping and entertainment opportunities. Grande Prairie is a full service urban centre with a Multiplex Recreational Centre, a Community College, numerous cultural events, alpine & cross country skiing, mountain biking, camping and more.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jul 4, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.