Pediatrician - Medicine Hat Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 21 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone has a position available in Medicine Hat for a pediatrician with broad general skills including neonatal and pediatric emergency, inpatient and outpatient skills for patients aged 0-18. FRCP or equivalent preferred.
Services would be provided to the patients within the Medicine Hat Community and South Zone East catchment area including but not limited to the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, Brooks Health Centre, and a catchment area that extends to Southwestern Saskatchewan. The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) has approximately 1000 deliveries per year. MHRH has a 14 bed pediatric unit and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that consists of 9 isolettes. The Brooks Health Centre has approximately 294 deliveries per year and has a 3-bed designated pediatric unit. The successful candidate will be required to join the department of Pediatrics on call schedule and department incentives.
MHRH offers 24-hour emergency services as well as a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to the community of Medicine Hat and surrounding area. Services include an active surgery program, general internal medicine support including ICU, pediatric inpatient and outpatient services, and laboratory and diagnostic imaging services.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Establish and maintain a full-time Pediatric practice includingat the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital and in the community of Medicine Hat. Afull time practice is defined as providing clinical service at least 5 days per week, minimum 40 hours and/or providingcommensurate shifts in keeping with other relevant practice FTEs as assigned by the Medical Leader for the department;
- Maintain a private community practice;
- Provide inpatient and community consultations within the community of Medicine Hat;
- Provide on-call support as per AHS's on-call schedules and expectations applicable to the South Zone Clinical Department of Pediatrics on-call practices or as may otherwise be established or directed by an appropriate Medical Leader;
- Provide general pediatric skills with the ability to care for Level II neonates and stabilize neonates for transport to Level III care as required;
- Collaboratively manage pediatric mental health patients with the team (includes a child physiatrist);
- Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat or immediate surrounding catchment area;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- Work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues as a member of the Zone Clinical Department of Pediatrics in support of patient care;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the department of Pediatrics.
*The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
-General pediatric skills, ie) general office, community. Please include in your application,a letter of interest that provides detailed background information on your skills, strengths and recognised skills in neonatal and childhood populations.
-Recent within 1-2 years Neonatal skills for a level II NICU;
-Other pediatric skills are assets but general and neonatal skills are essential;
-Ability to manage psychiatric and behavioral problems in cooperation with our community and inpatient teams and child/adolescent psychiatrist;
The ideal candidate will require licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta with preference being given to candidates with recognized Fellowship in Pediatrics with Level II neonatal expertise required as well as general pediatrics. The ability to care for sick level II neonates and stabilization of neonates for transport to level III care is required. Teaching appointments for affiliated medical schools is available. Qualified applicants, including applicants that are registered in a pediatric training program leading to FRCP, are invited to submit their curriculum vitae.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Pediatrics
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee for service; for complete details on benefits, please contact The Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 residents located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent destination for all ages at any time of the year. The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta and an enviable climate. Known as the "oasis of the prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city.
Recruiter: Nicole Ashman; firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in a position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Jun 5, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.