Perinatal Psychiatrist (SMCHC) Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 6 views
Perinatal Psychiatrist consulting to Indigenous Mental Health program. 0.5 FTE a week. The role will involve case consultation with the Indigenous Mental Health and obstetrics at Elbow Valley Healing Lodge. The patient population is pregnancy and up to one year postpartum. It will include psychiatric assessment, treatment and ongoing treatment until approximately one year postpartum.
The perinatal psychiatry role is needed at Indigenous Mental Health, as this is a high-risk population for perinatal mood, anxiety and trauma related disorders. One in five women struggle with mental health in perinatal time, with an elevated risks to patients having high risk pregnancies, marginalized, isolated and limited supports. Early identification and treatment could mitigate the long-term outcomes that have been demonstrated on fetal, infant and childhood development. Moreover, suicide and drug overdose are a leading causes of maternal death in Alberta which is a serious issue that has not been fully explored in the Indigenous population.
- The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Must read, write and speak English.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits. For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org.
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.