Physiatrist (Community-Based) Part-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 5 views
The successful candidate will take their share of on call duty with the Section of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Calgary (approximately 1-4 weeks a year on TNR/Unit 58 at Foothills Medical Centre). They will also participate in the teaching of medical students and residents as required by the Section.
Were passionate about what we do. Our team of skilled and dedicated health care professionals, support staff, and physicians promote wellness and provide health care every day, all across the Calgary Zone. We are an equal opportunity employer. AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information for Medical Staff
Alberta Health Services has approved a mandatory Immunization of Workers for COVID-19 vaccine policy, effective immediately. In accordance with the Policy, all contractors and AHS employees, including medical and midwifery staff are required to befully immunizedagainst COVID-19 prior to their first day of practice.
The candidate must possess Royal College certification in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.01
- Department: Clinical Neurosciences
- Specialty: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Payment will be through the Specialist on Call arrangement for PMR.Specialist On Call: Sharing call duties with other physicians covering the inpatient neurorehabilitation unit. The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Aug 4, 2022
- Closing Date: Sep 15, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.