Program Psychiatrist, AHS Youth Community Support Program (YCSP) (22-YCSP-PSY-CHILD-20) Part-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 22 views
Alberta Health Services, Edmonton Zone Department of Addiction &Mental Health in partnership with the University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine &Dentistry, Department of Psychiatry, is inviting applications from psychiatrists with expertise in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Our multi-disciplinary teams consisting of psychiatry, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy, social work, education, and speech language pathology provide assistance for more than 1.4 million people in Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
Youth Community Support Program (YCSP) is an intensive wrap-around program that is a partnership between AHS and Boyle Street Community Services. It focuses on the care of self-harming, suicidal, pervasively emotionally and behaviourally dysregulated youth ages who have multiple DSM5 diagnoses, and their often severely dysregulated families. As such, it has multiple program-level and case-level challenges. The YCSP Program Psychiatrist provides the following:
- Psychiatric leadership in clinical program planning, educational planning and quality improvements.
- Consultations, advice and clinicalmentorship to YCSP team members and managers on a day-to-day basis and at weekly case conferences.
- Facilitation of (or participation in) a monthly Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Consultation Team Meeting with AHS team members.
- Direct psychiatric care for the most complex YCSP patients and their families (other cases are followed by their community psychiatrist).
An interest in the education of residents and students is highly desirable as the successful candidate is expected to apply for a Clinical Faculty Appointment in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta.
Candidates must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry and preferably have subspecialty certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. S/he must also be licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.5
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for service
- Posting Date: May 24, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.