The Provincial Program Medical Lead for the Anesthesia Care Team will be responsible for providing medical leadership and support to colleagues as this new service delivery model evolves within Alberta Health Services. This position will participate in creating the strategic direction for the development, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of the ACT program within AHS.
The Program Medical Lead ACT position is a flexible role of 0.4 FTE (2 days per week). AHS is looking for a one-year commitment with the possibility to extend.
The Program Medical Lead - ACT is an AHS leadership role that reports directly to an AHS Associate Chief Medical Officer. They will work collaboratively with Anesthesia Clinical Department Heads in each zone, ACT champions in each zone and with ACT provincial project team members.
The ideal candidate will be trusted and respected by their peers and will have demonstrated abilities in communication, identifying root cause problems and solutions, change management, team care and have a passion for patient safety and quality improvement.
- Participate in a dyad leadership model for the ACT Program with the ACT Program Director;
- Be the primary ACT medical spokesperson, advocate for and articulate the benefits of ACT inspiring others to adopt this model;
- Oversee the development, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of the ACT program provincially;
- Participate in the development of program evaluation outcomes and monitor the same;
- Provide leadership, support and direction to the ACT Program Medical Education Advisor and the ACT Zone Champions as required;
- Liaise with Zone Anesthesia Clinical Department Heads to facilitate local success of ACT provincially: assist with removing barriers to implementation as required;
- Provide medical representation on provincial committees regarding ACT;
- Provide regular updates on the progress of ACT program to AHS medical leadership and others as required.
The ideal candidate will be an FRCP licensed anesthesiologist trusted and respected by their peers and will have demonstrated abilities in communication, identifying root cause problems and solutions, change management, team care and have a passion for patient safety and quality improvement.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.4
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Posting Date: Dec 6, 2022
- Closing Date: Dec 29, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.