Psychiatrist Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 95 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is seeking to recruit a full-time Psychiatrist at the Chinook Regional Hospital. Psychiatric services include: a 41 bed adult inpatient program, a Day Treatment Program and Clinic, Addiction and Mental Health Clinics and a number of community based programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Establish and maintain a full time Psychiatry practice in the community of Lethbridge;
- Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services;
- Establish a primary residence in the community or surrounding area of Lethbridge;
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and the AHS policies;
- Provide inpatient and community consultations within the community of Lethbridge, which will include provision of General Psychiatry Services with the inclusion of shared call coverage at the Chinook Regional Hospital. Provision of call coverage is currently a 1:6 rotation;
- Work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Addiction and Mental Health, Chinook Regional Hospital;
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department of Addiction and Mental Health at the Chinook Regional Hospital, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
The Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH) is the largest acute care facility in the South Zone and is the region's main health care facility. It includes a 24/7 Emergency Department, Surgical Suites, Labour and Delivery, In-patient Units, Psychiatry, Detox, Dialysis, Cancer Centre, Ambulatory Units, and Diagnostic Imaging.
The successful candidate must:
- hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta;
- hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry;
- be willing to participate in a 1:6 Adult Psychiatry Call;
Interest in rural or First Nation psychiatry is an asset.
For more information on available benefits, please visit the Alberta Medical Association
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.