Psychiatrist Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 6 views
1. Hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.
2. Hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry.
3. Have training in neuropsychiatry and provide neuropsychiatric consultation/support to other physicians within the aforementioned clinical programs. The successful applicant will preferably be UCNS board certified in Behavioural Neurology and Neuropsychiatry
4. Conduct research in the area of neuropsychiatry, and dementia
5. Supervise medical students/residents and support various educational activities within the medical school and residency program, as well as the neuropsychiatry fellowship. Education and administrative activities together will comprise 20% of the successful candidates workload.
6. Preferably be a full member of the Mathison Centre for Mental Health Research and Education at the University of Calgary and a graduate Degree (MSc or PhD preferred).
Eligible candidates will have an MD and must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians CD# Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry, and be eligible for licensure in the province of Alberta.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply#C however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: This is an AMHSP positionThe Practitioner is member of UCMG
- Posting Date: May 31, 2023
- Closing Date: Jun 13, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.