Psychiatrist Part-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 7 views
Goals of DH:
1. Provide diagnostic clarification and evidence-based treatment, including the provision of medication management and psychotherapy, to improve the patients psychiatric symptoms and functioning.
2. Improve the patients psychiatric stability to enable transfer to a primary care provider or community based psychiatric clinic.
3. Treat psychiatric co-morbidities.
4. Provide and support training for health professionals, including psychiatry residents in their senior years of training.
- FRCPC qualifications in Psychiatry
- Expert knowledge of mood & anxiety, personality, and psychotic disorders.
- Ability to manage a broad range of psychiatric medications
- Expert knowledge and skills in the application of CBT, DBT, and/or other relevant psychotherapies for mood, anxiety and/or psychotic disorders in both 1:1 and group therapy settings
- Experience working with families
- Knowledge and management of concurrent disorders in a clinical setting
- A clear understanding of recovery orientated practice
- Interest and experience in medical education with a focus on resident training
- Ability to provide patient care virtually, in person, and/or in a blended format
- The position of psychiatrist at DH is a 0.5 FTE position
- Perform duties related to patient care (e.g. attend multidisciplinary case management rounds once per week, complete new assessments and weekly follow up meetings with patients, facilitate group psychotherapy, engage in discussions with case managers, family meetings) Monday through Thursday for a minimum of 4 half days/week.
- Be available to respond to case manager concerns Monday through Friday from 8 am 4 pm.
- Work with case managers to help patient achieve stability and functional goals
- Liaise collegially with inpatient and outpatient psychiatrists regarding the status of their referrals to DH, and if necessary, around the time of discharge from DH
- Provide timely reports including admission and discharge summaries
- Lead physician directed groups approximately twice per week.
- Support colleagues in providing cross coverage for vacations
- Provide resident supervision and teaching as part of their 6-month chronic care rotation when required
- Provide on call coverage for FMC
Eligible candidates will have an MD and must be eligible for certifiction with the Royal College of Physicians CD# Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry, and be eligible for licensure in the province of Alberta.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply#CD# however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.5
- Department: Psychiatry
- Specialty: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-serviceThe Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.
- Community Info:
The FMC Day hospital (DH) is a tertiary care, multi-disciplinary program based out of the Outpatient Mental Health Services (Unit 24) at the Foothills Medical Centre (FMC). The program accommodates approximately 20-30 patients at any one time. The DH includes two distinct streams. The first is a stream for patients with primary mood disorders and anxiety disorders, comorbid mild to moderate personality disorders, and other psychiatric comorbidities. The second is a stream for patients with psychosis, including cognitive and functional challenges. Through a 4-week, 5-days per week program, the DH is dedicated to providing more intensive outpatient support to individuals recently discharged from an inpatient admission, from the emergency department, from a specialized mood or psychosis program on Unit 24, or from the Psychiatric Adult Service (PAS). Given the wide range of referral sources, patients present with differing levels of acuity. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our program is operating in a virtual format with most psychiatric care currently provided virtually. However, as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, psychiatric care may move to a blended in-person and virtual format and eventually will be exclusively in person.
- Posting Date: May 31, 2023
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.