Psychiatrist, Arnika Centre Part-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Calgary Zone New ▾ ▸ 1 additional location Calgary Zone 6 views
Arnika Center is a level 5 subspecialty clinic within Alberta Health Services. Our mandate is to provide psychiatric support to individuals age 16 and up who have a mental health disorder in addition to a developmental disorder that impairs cognitive and adaptive function.
1. Assessment and diagnosis of mental health disorders in individuals with dual diagnosis
2. Provision of appropriate and evidence based therapy modalities
3. Participation in weekly rounds with multidisciplinary team
4. Work with colleagues in allied health professions to optimize patient care
5. Assist in new program development within DDMH (outreach, community and hospital based)
6. Participate in supervision and teaching of residents and students.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Canadian and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.2
- Department: Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is fee-for-serviceThe Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.
- Posting Date: Aug 31, 2023
- Closing Date: Sep 30, 2023
- Target Start Date: Jul 1, 2024
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.