Psychiatrist - Child & Adolescent Full-time Job2 years ago Doctor / Physician Lethbridge 77 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is recruiting for a full-time Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist for the Chinook Regional Hospital (CRH).
CRH is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to Lethbridge and surrounding rural areas with a catchment population of ~150,000.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Participate in the Department of Addiction & Mental Health call schedule
- be willing to provide inpatient and outpatient consultative services
- establish and maintain a Psychiatry practice in the community of Lethbridge
- Reside in the Lethbridge catchment area
- Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges
- Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, and AHS Policies
- Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of just over 100,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
The successful candidate must:
- have or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- hold certification or additional training in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- participate in the on call rotation for the Department of Addiction & Mental Health
You may refer to the Alberta Medical Association for more informaiton on further incentives
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and a CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formally accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.