Psychiatrist - Child & Adolescent Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 108 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is seeking to recruit a full-time Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital and in the community.
Psychiatric services include inpatient and outpatient consultations, a number of community based programs including involvement with local schools, mental health clinics (within Medicine Hat and rural sites) and other community resources.
Establish and maintain a full time Child and Adolescent Psychiatry practice in the community of Medicine Hat. A full time practice is generally accepted as engagement in clinical duties five (5) days per week and/or providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service.
Obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the Services.
Reside in and have as primary residence, in the community of Medicine Hat.
Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws and the Rules and the AHS policies.
Work collaboratively within the Zone Clinical Department of Addiction & Mental Health, Medicine Hat Regional Hospital.
Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within Zone Clinical Department of Addiction & Mental Health at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
-Provide Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
-Hold certification or additional training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry;
-Have or be eligible forspecialistregistration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
-Hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Specialty: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee-for-ServicePlease visit the the Alberta Medical Association for more information on further incentives: https://www.albertadoctors.org/
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a community of ~ 65,671 residents located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent destination for all ages at any time of the year. The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work and play. Medicine Hat experiences the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta and an enviable climate. Known as the "oasis of the prairies", Medicine Hat is also Canada's sunniest city.We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.