Psychiatrist - Visiting Specialist Barrhead Temporary/Casual Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Barrhead 14 views
The community of Barrhead is currently looking to recruit a Visiting Specialist to work alongside the local community Family Medicine physicians andMental Health staff, to provide services in Adult Psychiatry (consultations and follow ups).The ideal candidate will visit the communities approximately 24 times per year.
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
- Must be eligible to practice as an Adult Psychiatrist Specialist per CPSA Standards.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Candidate must have hands on experience offering Adult Psychiatry services within the past 1-2 years. Experience in offering these services as the sole provider required.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or proof of Eligibility for Alberta Licensure required (to be included with application).
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albertawww.cpsa.ab
The successful candidate must be in compliance withAlberta Health Services Immunization of Workers for COVID19 policyprior to their start date. By applying to this position you are confirming your ability and willingness to comply with the policy.
- Position Classification: Long-term Locum
- FTE: 0.07
- Department: Mental Health
- Specialty: Physiatry
- Secondary Specialty: Adult Psychiatry
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceThrough the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports:The outreach financial incentive, at a minimum, requires one way travel greater than 50kms, and pays at $1/kms up to a maximum 500kms one way. Zonal Medical Affairs will calculate payments using a round-trip amount on a monthly basis.For approved outreach service requests AHS will remunerate mileage/car rentals/taxis, meals, flights and accommodation in keeping with the AHS Travel Policy.
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 24, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.