Radiation Oncologist Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 13 views
The Department of Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta is accepting applications for a full-time Radiation Oncology position, to start on or around June 15, 2023 located at the Jack Ady Cancer Centre (JACC) in Lethbridge, Alberta.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care at the JACC and will join a team of Medical and Radiation Oncologists, Nurse Practitioners and medical support staff working in the South Zone.
The JACC operates within a provincial framework for cancer care supported by provincial clinical guidelines and standards, focused on patient-centered care. Radiation Oncologists are expected to participate in local and provincial tumor team based activities including peer-review QA, annual, province-wide tumor team meetings, and local quality assurance or quality improvement initiatives and educational programs including supervision of family medicine and rotating radiation oncology residents.
The JACC in Lethbridge is one of four Regional Cancer Centres in Alberta. Serving patients from Southern Alberta and Southeastern British Columbia, the centre has 2 Varian linear accelerators, CT planning and a full complement of medical physics, dosimetry, therapy and support services. Lung SBRT and recruitment to prospective clinical trials are part of daily practice. Cancer care provision at the JACC is centered around 6 major tumor groups with rarer tumors managed in conjunction with consultation and expertise from the tertiary center in Calgary. Regular tumor board and RT peer-review QA discussions occur locally and by video-link with Calgary.
The successful applicant will be expected to deliver excellent patient care and must be eligible for licensure in Alberta and must have obtained Fellowship in Radiation Oncology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada by the time of appointment.
All qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
This position is sponsorship and LMIA eligible.
Consideration of Applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested applications should apply online and arrange to have a current curriculum vitae as well the names of three references forwarded to:
Dr. Abhijit Ghose, Acting Medical Director, Community Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services.
email: Abhijit.Ghose@albertahealthservices.ca and apply to doctorjobs.com: Radiation Oncologist MED0001P9
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta (JACC)
- Specialty: Radiation Oncology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and will range between $322,857/annum (Level 1 Radiation Oncologist) and $464,743.00/annum (Level 4 Radiation Oncologist).The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits. For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org.Recruitment incentives: Relocation support: up to $10,000 for recruits within North America and up to $15,000 for recruits outside North America. Strategic incentives: the successful candidate maybe eligible for an additional recruitment incentive up to $50,000 conditional on leadership approval.
- Posting Date: May 26, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.