Radiologist Diagnostic Imaging Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Medicine Hat 20 views
Alberta Health Services South Zone is seeking a motivated, confident, hard-working and team-orientedRadiologist. Additional Fellowships to complement the current skill sets and department needs would be an asset.
The Medicine Hat Regional Hospital (MHRH) is an acute care facility, which also includes sub-acute/restorative care beds serving South East Alberta with a catchment population of ~110,000. MHRH has 246 acute care beds, 30 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 7 NICU bassinets. MHRH is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
The successful candidate will:
- function as a General Radiologist with special interest and expertise in their area of fellowship training;
- establish and maintain a full time Diagnostic Imaging practice in the community of Medicine Hat;
- obtain and maintain AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- provide inpatient and community consultation within the community of Medicine Hat, which will include provision of on call services to the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- reside in and have as primary residence, the community or surrounding area of Medicine Hat;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies;
- work collaboratively within the Clinical Department of Diagnostic Imaging;
- Participate in the quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Diagnostic imaging.
- provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 as per AHS Policy #1189 IMMUNIZATION OF WORKERS FOR COVID-19.
- have or be eligible to obtain FRCPC;
- have additional Fellowship(s) to complement the current skill sets and department needs;
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- AHS Sponsorship offered for SPA portion of Practice Readiness Assessment only.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Diagnostic Imaging
- Specialty: Diagnostic Radiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee-for-ServiceFor complete details on the AMA benefits, please contact albertadoctors.org.
- Community Info: Medicine Hat is a community of 65,671 + with a drawing population of 110,000 located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent year-round destination for all ages. The city of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work, play, and raise a family. Medicine Hat has the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta, and an enviable climate. Known as the "Oasis of the Prairies", Medicine Hat is Canada's sunniest city.We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.