Rural Family Physician with Enhanced Surgery Skills-CNP Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Blairmore 11 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking afull-time Rural Family Physician with Enhanced Surgery skillsfor the Crowsnest Pass Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
- obtain and maintain a full-timeFamily Medicine practice in the community of Crowsnest Pass;
- provide provision of inpatient admission services for patient panel;
- participate in the Rural Medicine on-call rotation atthe Crowsnest Pass Health Centre, including inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care andEmergency Room;
- provide Rural Enhanced Surgery services;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- reside in and have has your primary residence Crowsnest Pass or surrounding area;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the Rules and AHS policies;
- work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues as a member of the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine at the Crowsnest Pass Health Centre;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine in AHS.
- have or be eligible for CCFP
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- this position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment
- have successful completion of GP-Enhanced Surgical Skills training or Fellowship trained in Surgery
- experience with low risk obstetrics and C-section skills considered an asset
Additional desired training:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Enhanced Surgical Skills
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee-for-Service* For complete details on benefits, please contact The Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
The Municipality of Crowsnest Pass is tucked into the southwest corner of Alberta in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. This is a great place to live and we offer a number of services to our residents and visitors alike, from a wealth of community groups, Municipal Programs and excellent medical facilities. The Crowsnest Pass is Canada's southerly traveled corridor of the Rocky Mountains and is historically known for its scenic land of forests and peaks. The Crowsnest Pass offers a great quality of life with a healthy work-life balance. Live, Work and Play in the beautiful Rocky Mountain town of Crowsnest Pass.
Recruiter: Alecia Kerber; email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in a position; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Posting Date: Apr 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.