Rural Family Physician with Enhanced Surgery Skills-PC Full-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Pincher Creek 22 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting afull-time Rural Family Physician with Enhanced Surgery Skillsfor the Pincher Creek Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
- obtain and maintain a full-time Family Medicine practice in the community of Pincher Creek;
- provide provision of inpatient admission services for patient panel;
- participate in the Rural Medicine on-call rotation atthe Pincher Creek Health Centre, including inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, Emergency Room and on-call and shifts;
- provide Rural Enhanced Surgery services;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws, the Rules and AHS policies;
- reside in and have has your primary residence Pincher Creek or surrounding area;
- work collaboratively with peers and care team colleagues as a member of the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine at the Pincher Creek Health Centre;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine.
- have or be eligible for CCFP;
- be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta;
- this position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment
- have successful completion of GP-Enhanced Surgical Skills training or Fellowship trained in Surgery
Additional desired training:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Enhanced Surgical Skills
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Fee-for-ServiceFor more information on available benefits and incentives, please visit the Alberta Medical Association at www.albertadoctors.org
- Community Info:
Pincher Creek is located in the southwest of Alberta, Canada. It is located immediately east of the Canadian Rockies, This is a great place to live and there are a number of services available to residents and visitors alike; from a wealth of community groups, Municipal Programs and excellent medical facilities. Pincher Creek offers a great quality of life with a healthy work-life balance.
Recruiter: Alecia Kerber; email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in a position, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Posting Date: Apr 16, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.