Rural General/Family Practitioner Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Calgary 33 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking a full time General/Family Physician for the Pincher Creek Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
- establish a family medicine practice in Pincher Creek;
- participate in the on-call rotation for the Emergency Department of the Pincher Creek Health Centre, including Inpatient, Outpatient and Acute Care;
- reside in and have as their primary residence Pincher Creek or surrounding area;
- obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services;
- participate in quality programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine.
Additional Notes About Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek is located in the southwest of Alberta, Canada; it is located immediately east of the Canadian Rockies. This is a great place to live and there are a number of services available to residents and visitors alike; from a wealth of community groups, Municipal Programs and excellent medical facilities. Pincher Creek offers a great quality of life with a healthy work-life balance.
The successful candidate will:
- have or be eligible to obtain CCFP
- have emergency room experience
- be eligible for licensure with the CPSA
- this position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment
Additional desired certifications:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS )
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Compensation Type: Fee-for-Service
* For complete details on benefits, please contact The Alberta Medical Association
Please apply directly through this posting, applications received by email alone will be redirected to this site for submission; a CV and CPSA Eligibility Letter are the minimum requirements to formaly accept an application on your behalf.
We thank you for your interest in the above noted position, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Planner - Physician Resources
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.