Rural Medicine Physician - Fort Macleod Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 12 views
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently seeking afull-time Rural Family Physicianfor the Fort Macleod Health Centre.
As the successful candidate you will:
|Establish and maintian a full-time Family Medicine practice in the community of Fort Macleod; a full-time practice is defined as providing commensurate shifts in keeping with other full-time practice FTEs as assigned by the medical leader responsible for the area of clinical service. Provide inpatient admission and community care for patient panel; including participation in the on-call roster at the Fort Macleod Health Centre. Obtain and maintain an AHS Medical Staff Appointment and appropriate privileges to provide the services. Abide by the AHS Medical Staff Bylaws , the AHS Medical Staff Rules and AHS policies. Reside in and have as their primary residence the community or surrounding area of Fort Macleod. Work collaboratively within the clinical department of Rural Medicine at the Fort Macleod Health Centre. Participate in quality improvement programs and initiatives undertaken within the Zone Clinical Department of Rural Medicine at the Fort Macleod Health Centre, including (without limitation) achievement of certain performance indicators as determined by AHS, exercising its discretion reasonably.|
*This position may be eligible for the RESIDE Program. Please visitRESIDE Program - Rural Health Professions Action Plan (rhpap.ca)for more details.
- have or be eligible to obtain CCFP;
- have independent emergency room experience
- be eligible for licensure with the CPSA [general or provisional license]
- have experience with low risk obstetrics
This position is open to AHS Sponsorship for a CPSA Assessment; a CPSA Eligibility Letter is required.
Additional desired certifications:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS )
- MOREOB/Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Rural Medicine
- Specialty: Family Medicine - Hospital Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Community Info:
Could it be the rolling prairies that surrender to the foothills and majestic Rocky Mountains? Is it the history of being the first NWMP settlement in western Canada, that gives us stability and pride? Could it be the people that go out of their way to make this little town stretch to accomplish goals that few other communities will even attempt?
Whatever it is, Fort Macleod is a vibrant town that holds the hearts of its residents, and charms those who come to visit. Whether you are looking to set up a new business, or are here to participate in one of our many events, we hope you will enjoy your time here while you explore our community.
- Posting Date: Jan 2, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.