Seniors Care Family Practitioner Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 38 views
Physicians will be responsible for a panel of residents in Long Term Care as assigned by the medical site lead. They will be designated as the attending physician for this group of residents. The role of the attending physician is to provide access to quality medical and end of life care through strong physician and interdisciplinary support. They will be expected to work closely with site RNs, LPN, other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Duties will include the following:
- Provide complete comprehensive medical assessment at the time of admission and through regular weekday visits according to a schedule agreed upon by the medical site lead and participating physicians.
- Complete comprehensive annual assessments, quarterly medication reviews, review behavior maps and participate in Goals of Care conversations as required.
- Participate in admission, annual and as required interdisciplinary family care conferences.
- Participate in the development and implementation of patient centred care plans.
- Provide legible documentation in the progress notes of all encounters and provide written and verbal orders.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to perform medication reconciliation, family care conferences and end of life care for clients
- Collaborate with specialty teams providing consultation to sites such as Geriatric Mental Health, Palliative and Senior Health Outreach Program. If working on specialty mental health units, participate in team rounds with consulting Psychiatrists.
- Respond to concerns from nursing and other members of the care team during regular working hours. When present at the facility the physician will provide care for additional residents identified by the interdisciplinary or participating physicians as required.
- To be negotiated. Work includes scheduled rounds
- Provide after hour coverage through participation in the afterhours call schedule. When present at the facility the physician will provide care for additional residents identified by the interdisciplinary or participating physicians as required.
10 positions are available starting January 1 2023
- Must have a family medicine designation with the College of Family physicians of Canada
- Eligible for licensure and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and CMPA
- Eligible for privileges within the Department of Family Medicine, Alberta Health Services
- Clinical excellence in the described role, with previous experience with managing geriatric syndromes and older adults with mental health issues being an asset
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team setting to create patient focused solutions
- Exhibits leadership skills and potential
- Desire to participate and contribute to quality improvement activities
- Will be required to attend an in-person interview with an interview panel and provide references upon request
- We thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The candidate must have or be eligible for General Register with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
This position is not sponsorship eligible.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.For complete details on the AMA benefits, please see www.albertadoctors.org
- Posting Date: Dec 15, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.