Surgical Assist, 21-UAH-FAM-SA-80c Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 11 views
Alberta Health Services, is currently seeking the services of independently licensed physicians to surgical assist in the University Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Centre. Under the direction of the surgeon, the primary duties of the position will be the provision of surgical assistance during procedures, including helping with positioning, intraoperative assisting, and post op immobilization. Flexibility in completing postoperative orders as per the surgeons direction is an asset. The surgical assist is responsible for maintaining aseptic integrity, is a skillful communicator with all members of the OR team and can lift and position patients and equipment as required.
The position provides the opportunity to work with a congenial group of surgeons who routinely guide resident physicians in acquiring the skills required to become capable surgeons. As the assist physician becomes familiar with each surgeons procedural workflows, the assist physician will also become a capable orthopedic surgical assist.
Orthopedics runs a minimum of 2 operating rooms daily to a maximum of 3.
Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to regular, predictable availability although this does not necessarily have to be multiple days whithin the same week.
The successful applicant must be able to bill the Schedule of Medical Benefits/third parties for surgical services provided. The successful applicant is required to be on site from approximately 07:30 Monday to Friday, until the cases are completed, typically by 15:45 but up until 18:00 on Thursdays in the Trauma Room. Applicants must already registered for independent practice in Family Medicine or a surgical specialty with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. Surgical Assist experience in an operating room is preferred.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Surgical Assistant
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is on a fee-for-service basis with additional modifiers for time and BMI as may be applicable and is competitive with other North American jurisdictions.Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with three references and current CPSA permit via the Dr. Jobs Website.We thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer.This information is collected by the authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 5.(3)).
- Posting Date: Mar 20, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.