Urologist Visiting Specialist - Hinton & Whitecourt Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Hinton 16 views
The community of Hinton and Whitecourt are currently looking to recruit a Visiting Specialist to provide service in Urology, visiting the communities approximately 12times per year (2-3 days each visit).
The successful candidate must have training and expertise (FRCPC or FRCPC eligible)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (desired)
- Proof of Alberta Licensure required with application
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to be included with application.
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albertawww.cpsa.ab
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.03
- Department: Hospital Health
- Specialty: Urology
- Secondary Specialty: General Surgery
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Fee for ServiceThrough the Outreach and Travelling Physician Support Policy Visiting Specialists are eligible for monetary supports:The outreach financial incentive, at a minimum, requires one way travel greater than 50kms, and pays at $1/kms up to a maximum 500kms one way. Zonal Medical Affairs will calculate payments using a round-trip amount on a monthly basis.For approved outreach service requests AHS will remunerate mileage/car rentals/taxis, meals, flights and accommodation in keeping with the AHS Travel Policy.
- Posting Date: Jul 13, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.