ZCSC General Surgery - North Zone Clinical Section Chief Part-time Job4 months ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 18 views
Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC) Program and Performance
Reporting to the Associate Zone Medical Director, Program and Performance (P&P), the Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC) is a key leadership position within the North Zone and Alberta Health Services. The ZCSC is accountable for all physician-related matters, as well as all operational and strategic issues and decisions requiring physician input or leadership that arises within their department.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) has adopted a Dyad Model for leadership. This refers to a leadership model in which a medical leader and an operational leader are partnered in a shared and complementary decision-making relationship. Significant decisions and recommendations are made jointly, and there is considerable overlap in the accountability of the two partners.
In a competent and professional manner, the ZCSC must possess a Zone-wide perspective and an approach to leadership by contributing to the broader AHS vision. The ZCSC will promote an environment that fosters quality improvement, a safe, culturally-diverse environment for staff, physicians and patients and a commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Meet with your operational DYAD partners and AZMD, (P&P) regularly
- Effective and Consistent Communication to support front line practitioner engagement;
- Advocating for the provision of high quality and safe patient care in the Rural Hospital/Community;
- Physician Workforce Planning including the reviewing and recommending of privileging for practitioners working in the North Zones department;
- Liaising with and assisting ZCDHs, ZCSCs, or ZPMDs for practitioner performance reviews, quality initiatives, health service planning and other objectives as requested by the AZMD P&P;
- Ensuring compliance of front line practitioners with AHS MSBs/MSRs, and Zonal MSRs;
- Liaising with Health Advisory Council (HAC) members, external stakeholders and community members at the AZMD P&Ps direction;
- Participating in NZ physician leadership development events such as PLI courses approved by NZMA and fully funded by AHS;
- Recording ongoing demonstrative/written evidence of work product consistent with the positions full FTE calculated weekly for financial audit/general accounting purposes regarding an independent contractor;
- Ensuring that Locum Physician Evaluations are completed by the appropriate local physician as required;
- Performing all duties as may be designated or delegated by the ZMD, AZMD P&P or designate.
- Attend North Zone Senior Leadership meetings as required
- Represent the facility positively to external stakeholders
A full job description can be available upon request.
Qualifications: The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Department: General Surgery
- Specialty: General Surgery
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Posting Date: May 13, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.