Edmonton Zone is seeking an Anesthesiologist Lead/Champion for the initiation of Anesthesia Care Team Model (ACTM) within the zone.
This is a 0.2 FTE role and this contract is 12 months in duration with re-evaluation annually.
The Edmonton Zone ACTM Anesthesia Lead will report to the ZCDH Anesthesia and work in collaboration with any future Provincial Medical ACTM position. They will function in a Dyad model with zone Operations Surgical Lead, supporting key activities and dependencies for successful implementation and evaluation of the ACTM at sites within the zone. They will function as a single point of contact for physicians within the zone for ACTM.
In a competent and professional manner, the Contractor will:
- Advocate and articulate the benefits of the ACTM inspiring local teams to get involved
- Support recruitment of Anesthesiologists for clinical supervision of new ACT members
- Support orientation/mentorship of new Anesthesia care team members
- Support site medical affairs in getting agreements in place for anesthesiologists participating in the ACTM
- Participate in the development of site priorities, outcomes, timelines and action plan; monitor site outcomes and report as required
- Support orientation/mentorship of participating Anesthesiologists to the ACTM program
- Participate in safety and quality improvement initiatives related to ACTM engage zone specialists in Surgery, Anesthesiology, Respiratory and nursing to improve care delivery
- Lead and support change management, including identification of barriers to the successful adoption of the ACTM and possible solutions to address the barriers at the site
- Participate in ACTM program evaluation
- Liase with other Zone leads ACTM provincially to share successes and challenges
- Participate in Zone and Provincial committees related to ACTM as required
- Use AHS email for this role
The Zone Lead ACTM will have the following pre-requisite experience, skills and knowledge:
- A respected profile in the physician community
- A strong commitment to innovation and quality improvement
- The ability to foster partnerships and bring people together to achieve goals
- Effective skills in communication and engagement
- Be an effective team member
- The ability to undertake data-driven decision-making
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.2
- Department: Anesthesiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Dec 5, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.