Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief, Addiction & Mental Health, Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH), 0223EDMpcc00283 Part-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 6 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief, Addiction & Mental Health, Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH).
This 0.15 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Zone Clinical Department Head, Addiction & Mental Health (ZCDH) and to the Facility Medical Director, RAH. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that standards of care are being met in the Department and that support for research and teaching is available.
This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as it relates to Addiction & Mental Health at the RAH as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians and evaluating the performance of medical staff working within the Department.
The position has an expected start date of approximately April 1st, 2023, and an expected term of 3 years.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborative visioning and strategic planning with physician teams and operational leads that are in alignment with AHS zone and site priorities.
- Building a healthy and thriving workplace culture that incorporates clear guiding principles to promote a space that is safe, equitable, inclusive, diverse & just.
- Regular communication and a transparent decision-making routine that seeks maximum appropriate involvement of potentially impacted stakeholders. This includes conducting regular and effective monthly physician & joint manager meetings.
- Establishing clear conflict resolution processes that are respectful, educational, and constructive.
- Quality Management:
- Developing safe and high-quality patient-centred care models;
- Creating a safe environment to share and learn from patient and staff concerns regarding quality and safety issues and to respond effectively to patient complaints;
- Ensuring processes for clinical best practice with quality improvement and ongoing evaluation;
- Evaluating clinical services based on key health outcome metrics;
- Innovating and adapting clinical programs with efficient resource and budget stewardship (eg. operational best practice), integrated to other zone programs.
- Physician workforce planning & recruitment: developing transparent and engaging processes for medical staff recruitment, hiring, privileging, distribution of workload, and performance evaluation.
- Team building & leadership development: work with site medical staff to cultivate harmonious relationships that result in strong teams. Develop systematic processes for all leaders to receive feedback from supervisors, peers and direct reports to better understand, grow and adapt to needs of their team.
- Academic liaison: effectively partner with the University of Albertas Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry for innovation, research, teaching, education and clinical excellence.
- Strategic partnership & collaborator: function as a strong advocate for psychiatric excellence and practice at the site and zone levels through collaborative leadership and involvement with the Facility Medical Council and the Zone Clinical Department Executive Committee.
- Performing duties assigned by the AHS Bylaws and Rules or other duties delegated by the Zone Clinical Department Head (eg. implementation of an AHS workplace assessment) or Facility Medical Director.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of his/her peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Addiction & Mental Health.
Candidates must be Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)certified, be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to Elena Bucuci at Elena.Bucuci@ahs.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.15
- Department: Addiction & Mental Health
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Feb 1, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.