Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Anesthesiology, University of Alberta Hospital (UAH), 22-09-EDMpcc00134 Part-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Alberta 4 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Anesthesiology, University of Alberta Hospital (UAH)
This 0.40 FTE position governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH), Anesthesiology. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that standards of care are met in the department and provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as it relates to Anesthesiology as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians and evaluating the performance of medical staff working within the Department.
Other major accountabilities include:
- Engage site physicians for the purposes of alignment of the priorities as established by the Facility
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practices and improve clinical outcomes / quality
- Be committed to implementing and adopting accreditation standards, including Required Organizational Practices
- Be active participant in QA initiatives, as identified in the AHS Quality Management framework
- Investigate patient complaints which concern physician behavior or practice
The position has an expected start date of approximately December 1, 2022, and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and considered to be a strong clinician by peers. The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of their peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Anesthesiology.
Candidates must possess a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPSC) fellowship, or equivalent designation, be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.4
- Department: Anesthesiology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Sep 6, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.