Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Geriatrics – Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH), 0323EDMpcc00164 Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 12 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone, invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Geriatrics Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH).
This 0.20 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports directly to the Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC) for Geriatric Medicine, and the Facility Medical Director of the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
The Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief for Geriatrics at the Glenrose Rehabilitation hospital is primarily responsible for the clinical governance of the specialized geriatric rehabilitation services at the site. The successful candidate will be required to take an active role in the integration of Edmonton Zone Geriatric Medicine services with the Specialized Geriatrics Rehabilitation services at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
Other duties of the post shall include:
- Attendance and participation at Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Medical Advisory Council Meetings at the site and the relevant department meetings regularly
- Annual and triannual (AHS) performance review of Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital medical staff providing geriatric medicine and rehabilitation services and appraisal in collaboration with the relevant academic lead.
- Ensuring that the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital medical staff providing geriatric medicine and rehabilitation services are appropriately qualified and experienced in the care of older adults, ensuring that individual service agreements reflect duties of the role and that medical coverage, including out of hours coverage, is consistent.
- Performing all other duties assigned by the AHS Bylaws and Rules or other duties delegated by the Zone Clinical Department Head of Family Medicine, Clinical Section Head, Geriatric Medicine, or Facility Medical Director, GRH.
This role has an expected start date of May 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader, ideally possessing experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers. The successful candidate will also possess superior interpersonal skills, and have demonstrated supervisory experience. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Medicine.
Candidates must be Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) or College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) certified, be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.2
- Department: Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Mar 16, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.