Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Hospital Medicine – Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH), 0623EDMpcc9106 Part-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Edmonton 15 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone, invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Hospital Medicine Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH).
This 0.10 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports directly to the Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH), Family Medicine and to the Facility Medical Director (FMD), GRH.
This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as it relates to either Family Medicine or Internal Medicine as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians and evaluating the performance of medical staff working within the Department.
The Facility Chief Hospital Medicine, GRH role would be responsible to:
- Lead and champion AHS initiatives at the hospital including the launch of a new hospital medicine clinical service delivery model.
- Participate in zone-wide quality initiatives as the program representative for their site.
- Collaborate and coordinate with GRH leaders, including but not limited to Facility Chief, Adult Rehabilitation; Director, Adult Rehabilitation; and Facility Medical Director, at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other leaders across the zone.
- Be committed to implementing the principles of the AHS Edmonton Zone 2030 Plan
- Be committed to implementing and adopting accreditation standards, including Required Organizational Practices
- Be an active participant in QA initiatives, as identified in the AHS Quality Management framework
- Collect, manage and communicate site-specific information to support the Department of Family Medicine annual report.
- Engage site physicians to align the priorities as established by the Section Chief for Hospitalist Family Medicine and the Zone Clinical Department Head, as well as the Facility Medical Director, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practices and improve clinical outcomes/quality concerning patient care.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication with the Zone Section Chief, Hospital Medicine; Zone Clinical Department Head, Family Medicine and Facility Medical Director, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital; Health Care Team physicians, and other leaders/stakeholders as appropriate.
- Complete necessary physician periodic/probationary reviews (as directed by Medical Affairs)
- Investigate patient complaints that concern physician behaviour or practice.
This role has an expected start date of Sep 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety working as a part of a leadership team. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
Candidates must be registered or eligible for registration with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent, eligible to work in Canada, and be eligible for or have current licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to
Dr. Chester Ho
Facility Medical Director, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
c/o Yelena Cenaat firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.1
- Department: Family Medicine / Internal Medicine
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Jun 15, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.